Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 2 - Let's Pretend It Didn't Happen

Day 2, yesterday (Tuesday) was one of those days when I thought I should paint, but really wasn't in the mood. My muse was off on holiday, my inspiration was snoozing, yet nonetheless, the little voice in the back of my head was saying "you should paint, you should paint, you should paint." It wasn't successful, nor was it satisfying. I couldn't wait for Zeke to finish packing for his business trip so I could escape from the "studio" and busy myself with preparing dinner together. One can't paint when one is cooking, right?

So here's what happens when one "should" paint when one doesn't feel like it.


I really don't care for this. The dark purple adds some depth to the orange, but I'm not even crazy about the orange. There is a big part of me that wants the small panel on the left to be lighter than the large panel on the right. For some reason I thought speckles of green on the left creeping into the right panel would be nice. I don't know. It will all likely get covered over as I add layers.
 When I first started with the wavy grass-thing I've got going there, I was influenced by the strong winds blowing across Eagle Creek Reservoir. They're still blowing, but they're not the driving force behind the painting like they were on Day 1. The nice thing about acrylics is that they're quick and easy to clean up, which I did as I heard Zeke coming down the stairs. Tuesday night is "date night," so good-bye painting. Catch you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment